February 1, 2017
A good friend of mine is a writer. She has been writing short stories and thought-provoking articles. I motivated her to start a website for her blogs. She excitedly took up the challenge of learning the art of blogging. But even after a couple of months, I saw there was not many visiting her website. I could sense that she was losing motivation but I din’t want to let her talent go in vain. I asked her to search the net and she learnt a lot about search engine optimisation and digital advertisement. But all these needed some kind of technical know-how and budget. She had neither.
It was then that I suggested her to use Pinterest to get more traffic to her website. She followed my advice and she never had to look back after that. She came to know about various marketing tools being used for this very purpose. Pinterest marketing when done properly can turn the fortunes for people like her.
A lot of the mundane tasks involved in Pinterest marketing can however be automated. For example one can automatically unfollow thousands of users who don’t follow them back thus maintaining an equilibrium between followers and following. More about Pinterest automation in coming paragraphs.
Ever since she is using Pinterest, the viewership and followings have increased manifolds. I picked up a few things which I will share with you guys which in turn will help increase the traffic to your website.
The first and the most important thing to be keep in mind is to create a blog board just for your articles. The reason for doing so is to help your followers find your articles and blogs without any trouble. Also, name the title of your blog and that of the Pinterest blog board same.
Remember that when you write a blog post and pin it on the blog board, ensure to add a brief summary of the blog on the board.
If you add a few related images or videos, it surely does help create a visual stimulus.
Also, remember to provide a link directly to your website or blog post.
It makes a lot of sense to create boards according to the search categories and put your blog posts (if you have a wide variety of blog post on various topics). The use of keywords is yet another way to direct the search to your blog or website.
• Use as many images as possible to make your boards appealing. This is also true even when you want the visitors to read and not just look at the images. Hence, to have more and more people look at your pins and go back to the link you refer, pin high resolution good quality images.
• Now comes the fun part of engaging with your followers. To be consistent with your posts, to showcase good quality content on your pins will do this for you. Your followers will be getting a regular update on their feeds which will help in keeping your blog or pins fresh in their minds.
• Be courteous and follow your followers. This will help in giving you get an idea of what your followers like.
• Let’s now come to the next important point of how to actually make your pins visible to the outsider when they search. For this, ensure that the privacy setting of your account is allowing the search engines to index your pin. Use hash tags in the pins so that they are easily indexed by Google search bots.
• You could also have pins with personal details such as your hobby, your favorite travel destination, etc. which you can share with your followers. Such details help you connect with the followers. They are able to relate to you.
• Just like any other media effect. You are likely to get the followers friends, relatives visit your blog if you create a positive impact through your well-executed pins and boards.
• To have the readers sharing your pins further with their friends and family, use the ‘Pin it’ button in your blogs.
According to Pinterest, the ‘Pin it’ button helps create a huge traffic back to your site. Make sure you have pinned this idea in your mind too.
Another idea to increase more followers to your site would be to have a contest on your site and promote the same on your board. You can also create a board specifically for such contests and keep updating with the results on the board.
Pinterest analytics helps you in getting a fairly good idea of your visitors, how they use the pins you post, and also helps you know which of your posts were the most followed.
While all the efforts are done to get maximum business and Pinterest followers towards your business, there are chances of some users wouldnot follow you back. ‘Snapchum’ finds those pinners who do not follow you back and then you can unfollow them from Pinterest. It also helps to schedule your pins. It is an important tool for every Pinterest user who desires to make the best use of time and automate Pinterest. Snapchum can be used not just to clean up one’s non-followers but also generate more revenue through Pinterest contests and repin campaigns.
Moreover, Snapchum can help in your Pinterest management so that you can be on the top of your business by applying the correct search engine optimisation tactics by suggesting proper hashtags and names. The right keywords will help rank higher in Google and take your business to higher levels.
A correct combination of the aforementioned ideas will greatly help get the right people visit your sites and generate revenue too.
The ‘likes’ for Pinterest is growing tremendously. It will make more sense than ever to evolve and incorporate changes which will help redirect more and more traffic towards your business.